- This event has passed.
Panel Presentation: Canada’s New Posture in the International Arena
January 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WHEN: Thursday, 18 January 2018 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
WHERE: Knox Presbyterian Church – 120 Lisgar Street, Ottawa, ON
The Trudeau Government’s claim that “Canada is back” in the international arena is highly contestable. The government continues to support defence and trade policies initiated by the Harper government as well as energy policies inconsistent with the Paris Accord. There is more similarity with the Harper Government’s foreign policy than with the peacebuilding and development initiatives associated with Lester Pearson and Pierre Trudeau.
Our foreign policy panel will engage in a wide-ranging debate, to identify strengths and weaknesses, and areas of coherence or inconsistency, and to make recommendations on whether and how Canada’s foreign policy can actually be returned to its traditional posture of a more progressive player in global peacekeeping and sustainable development.
Event background PDF, Click Here
- Roy Culpeper, Chair of the Group of 78
- Peggy Mason, Former Canadian Ambassador for Disarmament, President of the Rideau Institute
- Julia Sanchez, President-CEO of the Canadian Council of International Co-operation (CCIC)
- Angella MacEwen, Senior Economist, Canadian Labour Congress and Policy Fellow, Broadbent Institute
- Ferry de Kerckhove, Honorary Senior Fellow and part time professor at the University of Ottawa and at Glendon College, Toronto /Professionnel en residence honoraire et professeur à temps partiel à l’Université d’Ottawa et au Collège Glendon de l’Université York à Toronto
*Bios for Moderator and Panelists, Click Here
Tickets will also be available at the door
General Admission – $15.00
Student/Unwaged – $5.00