- This event has passed.
Panel 5: Conclusions and Recommendations
February 3, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$10.00
Wednesday, February 3, 2021, from 3:00 – 4:30 pm EST
We are delighted to announce the details of our grand finale webinar in the Group of 78 six-session series of Webinars on the Future of UN Peacekeeping in the Transition to a More Peaceful World: Why UN peace operations are critical and need to be expanded.
The focus, as promised, will be on key recommendations for action by governments – especially our own, by parliamentarians and by civil society. We promise a lively, thought provoking, action-oriented discussion and question time!
The five previous webinars in this series are all available on YouTube
- Jane Boulden, Professor, Dept of Political Science, Royal Military College of Canada, with a particular focus on UN efforts to manage conflict (Speaking from Kingston, Ontario)
- Walter Dorn, RMC and Canadian Forces College professor, author, and a leading Canadian expert on UN peacekeeping including new technologies (Speaking from Toronto)
- Howard Peter Langille, Author and lead expert on UN Emergency Peace Service and “sustainable common security”. (Speaking from Ottawa)
- Peggy Mason, President of Rideau Institute, former Amb for Disarmament to the UN, former peacekeeping trainer (1995-2014), (Speaking from Ottawa)
- $10.00 for general admission (register through Eventbrite)
- Full pass holders do not need to register; you have been automatically registered.
- Free General Admission
Thank you to our co-sponsors!