- This event has passed.
Blended Finance and the Sustainable Development Goals
March 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
WEBINAR: Friday, March 12, 10h00-11h20 Via Zoom
the School of International Development and Global Studies,
and the Institute of the Environment,
University of Ottawa
Link to Register:
La version française
EVENT PDF: DVM8111_BlendedFinance_Bilingue
The Canadian government has embraced ‘blended finance’ as a way to meet the Sustainable Development Goals. Blended finance entails the strategic use of development finance to mobilize additional sources of finance. Participants in this panel discussion will focus on answering two questions : What problems is this approach to development financing trying to solve? What are the risks and opportunities involved with ‘blended finance’?
1. Roy Culpeper, Senior Fellow, School of International Development and Global Studies
2. Angella MacEwen, Senior Economist, Canadian Union of Public Employees
3. Syed Sajjadur Rahman, Senior Fellow, School of International Development and Global Studies
1. Susan Spronk, Director, School of International Development and Global Studies
2. Geoff McCarney, Assistant Professor, School of International Development and Global Studies, and Director of Research, Institute of the Environment.
Registration required. This event will be in English and delivered online through Zoom. Call-in details will be shared with registrants before the event date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org