The Group of 78 has adopted positions on many international and foreign policy issues, including conclusions and recommendations from its annual policy conferences. These policy statements and positions are provided here.
- GETTING TO NUCLEAR ZERO BUILDING COMMON SECURITY FOR A POST-MAD WORLD
ARRIVER AU ZÉRO NUCLÉAIRECONSTRUIRE UNE SÉCURITÉ COMMUNE POUR UN MONDE POST–DMA
- Updated – Shift to Sustainable Peace and Common Security (English) and French
- Letter to Minister of Foreign Affairs re Saudi arms export investigation
- Letter to the PM stating our concerns about the shooting of Palestinians by the IDF
- Joint Rideau Institute and Group of 78 letter to Minister of Foreign Affairs on ATT
- Appeal to Minister of Youth and Prime Minister Trudeau to secure the freedom of the Canadian Al-Qazzaz family forcibly held in Egypt
- Letter to Minister of International Development and La Francophonie on United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) Funding
- Submission to the Defence Policy Review, entitled “A Shift to Sustainable Peace and Common Security”
- Version française: Lettre et Une Transition vers la Paix Durable.
- Conference 2013 Responding to China’s Global Re-Emergence – Conclusions & Recommendations
- Statement on Iran
- Joint Statement on Mali
- Conference 2011 The Growing Struggle between Democracy and Global Economic Liberalization – Conclusions & Recommendations
- March 25, 2011 – The Group of 78 has endorsed the Voices-Voix declaration on democracy, free speech and transparency in Canada.
- Conference 2009 Peace, Human Rights, and the Rule of Law: Canada’s Role in the Middle East – Final Report
- Letter to Prime Minister Harper on the UNRWA
- Conference 2008 Policy Statement – All Politics Are Global: Canadian Foreign Policy in an Inter-connected World
- Conference 2007 – Group of 78 Vision Statement
- Conference 2007 – Enoncé 2007 Intendance mondiale: Réveiller l’engagement du Canada envers le monde
- December 1, 2007 – Afghanistan: In Search of Peace. Group of 78 Submission to the Independent Panel on Canada’s Future Role in Afghanistan
- Conference 2005 Recommendations – Internationalism Revitalized, or “Pax Americana”: W[h]ither Canada?
- Conference 2003 Recommendations – Canada and the Developing World
- Canada should not participate in US Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD)
- Le Canada ne devrait pas participer au système national de défense anti-missile des États-Unis
- Conference 2001 Change and Challenge to Canadian Foreign Policy, 1981-2001
- Conference 2000 Engagement du Canada Envers la paix mondial
- September 25, 2001 Open letter to the Prime Minister regarding the September 11 attacks
- 25 septembre 2001 Lettre au Premier ministre concernant les événements du 11 septembre 2001
- Media Release – Group of 78 urges Security Council to set up special court to try September 11 terrorists
- Communiqué de presse: Le Groupe des 78 recommande vivement au Conseil de sécurité de mettre sur pied un tribunal spécial pour juger les terroristes du 11 septembre 2001
- December 11, 2002 Alternatives to War with Iraq: Recommendations of an Experts’ Panel